Haven't found answer to your question? Ask us!
1. Which versions of Atlassian Confluence are supported?
Talk Plugin supports Confluence starting from version 4.0. Confluence 3.x is not supported.
2. How to install Talk Plugin?
3. How do I know what my Server ID is? I need it to generate a license
Log in to Confluence as Administrator. Go to Browse > Confluence Admin > System Information. You will see your Server ID in the Confluence Information section.
4. Is it possible to restrict access to Talk for individual users?
Since Talk Plugin doesn't have its own access setup, all users who have rights for editing a page or a blog, can use Talk to post, add and delete comments on it. If you don't want a user to use Talk on a certain page, you'll have to remove their editing rights for this page.
5. Is it possible to restrict access only to certain Talk Plugin features, for example, editing comments or resolving discussions?
No. Users who can edit a page, have full access to all Talk features on it.
6. Is there any character limit for Talk comments?
No. You can post comments of any length.
7. Can I use Talk Plugin inside standard Confluence comments?
No. You can use Talk only to comment a content posted on a Confluence page or blog.
8. I accidentally resolved a discussion/deleted a comment. Can I restore it?
No, this is not possible.
9. Are email notifications sent after editing or deleting a comment?
No. Email notifications are sent only after adding a comment or resolving a discussion.
10. Can I copy a Talk discussion to another page or blog?
Technically, you can. However, on the target page the discussion will start again (i.e. only the first comment will be copied, other comments will be lost).
11. Is it possible to add several watchers using @mentions?
Yes. Type the @ symbol and select the watcher from the list. Repeat this for all persons you want to add as watchers.
12. Will I get any Talk Plugin notifications in my Workbox?
Yes. You'll get Workbox notifications about new and resolved discussions and added comments. This feature is not available for Confluence versions earlier than 4.3.3.
13. Known Problems
- Some emoticons aren't rendered in Talk comments in Confluence 4.0 - 4.1. This is a Confluence bug which will be fixed in Confluence version 4.1.1.
- In the Edit mode, it is not possible to edit already added comments. Please, edit discussions in the View mode only.
- If there are too many discussions on a page, the discussion clouds can overlap the Confluence buttons in the upper right corner of the page (Edit, Tools, etc.)
- Talk Plugin can't be run on Confluence instances that use IBM JRE/JDK.
1. Which license should I purchase?
The Talk license policy copies that of Confluence. Check what Confluence license you currently have and purchase the corresponding Talk license.
2. What does a perpetual license mean?
A perpetual license allows you to use product after its support period expires. Please note, you can get support and free updates only during the support period.
3. I have a 100 Users Confluence license, can I purchase Talk Plugin for fewer users?
No. Your Talk Plugin user count should match that of your Confluence.
4. I purchased a license renewal/upgrade. How do I install it?
Log in to Confluence as Administrator. Go to Browse > Confluence Admin > Talk Plugin Settings, copy the new license to the Upload new license box and click Save.
5. My Confluence instance is used under a NonProfit or OpenSource license. Can I get Confluence Talk Plugin for free?
Yes. You can generate a free license, which will be functional only if you run Confluence under NonProfit or OpenSource license.
6. Do I accept any license agreement by installing Talk Plugin?
Yes. You can read it here.
7. What payment methods are available?
You can purchase Confluence Talk Plugin with a credit card, PayPal or by a bank transfer.
8. Can I get any discount?
If you use Confluence under the academic license, you can purchase Confluence Talk Plugin with 50% off. Also, every customer (except Starter license owners) gets a 50% discount when renewing their license.
9. How is my online transaction secured?
All online transactions are protected by the software developed by the Avangate company, a globally recognized software reseller. Avangate is certified to PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). Please, see Avangate shoppers FAQ for more information.
10. I have more questions about Talk Plugin purchasing and licensing.
Please, contact our support team.
1. How can I get help?
If you don't find answer to your question in this FAQ you can write to us by email or send message directly from site. Please note we don't provide phone or realtime chat support for Confluence Talk Plugin.
For payment problems please contact our reseller Avangate.
2. Which information should I provide when contacting support?
Confluence version, Talk Plugin version, browser you are using, screenshots if they can help to understand problem.
3. I need feature X in your plugin. What to do?
At first you should remember we provide 30 days evaluation period for Confluence Talk Plugin so you have possibility to check if Talk Plugin meets your needs before purchasing.
If there is no feature you want in Talk Plugin please contact us. If such feature is wanted by several customers we'll do it. Unfortunately we can't call any terms of feature realisation because it depends on many things (our team work amount, presence of other customers requiring the same feature, technical limitations).