2017 has just begun and we want to start off on the right foot. We analyzed the most trending topics in our blog over 2016 and created a list of featured posts based on your visits to our blog.
Here’s what you couldn’t get enough of in 2016:
- How to Integrate TeamCity and Bitbucket Server
- Top 5 New Add-ons for Atlassian Bitbucket – Fourth Quarter 2015
- Top 5 New Add-ons for Atlassian JIRA – Fourth Quarter 2015
- Visualizing JIRA Data in Confluence
- Top 5 New Add-ons for Atlassian JIRA – Third Quarter 2016
This blog post outlines advantages of Bitbucket and gives you a list of software products Bitbucket can be integrated with. However, a special emphasis is placed on the specifics of integrating Bitbucket and TeamCity:
- What tools are used for integration
- How to install the add-ons in TeamCity
- Which add-on to choose: a native add-on from JetBrains team or a similar solution with additional features from the developer-enthusiast.
The second place goes to our digest article listing new add-ons for Bitbucket that appeared on the Marketplace during the fourth quarter of 2015. So let’s have a sneak peek at Top 5 new add-ons for Bitbucket (Server and Cloud) that were first released within that time period.
- Meet Commit Policy Plugin for Bitbucket which allows you to easily use a set of configurable conditions created in JIRA with Commit Policy Plugin for JIRA as a repository hook in Bitbucket Server.
- Information about Checkstyles for Bitbucket Server might be extremely useful, in case you don’t know how to deal with Java files non-compliant with your coding standards.
- Wercker Pipeline viewer provides an interactive view for your wercker.yml and visualizes pipelines. In our blog post you will reveal other advantages of this add-on.
- Have you ever heard about add-on which helps you to quickly navigate to code definitions when viewing files on the Source tab of a repository in Bitbucket Server? No? Then you need to read about Code Navigator for Bitbucket (Stash).
- The last but not the least is Sonar for Bitbucket Cloud. This add-on shows the repository-related code quality statistics provided by the open source platform called SonarQube on the repository overview page in Bitbucket Cloud.
Let’s have a look at Top 5 add-ons for JIRA you may want to try. Here’s an overview of what you can find out from this article.
- Learn how to track requirements in Confluence and refer to them by adding links in JIRA issues where work is being done with the help of Requirement Yogi.
- Read about Asset Management for JIRA, this add-on has almost 1800 downloads by Atlassian customers! We know why and what about you?
- Take a look at Note Taker for JIRA Cloud add-on that allows you to create personal notes in JIRA issues.
- Useful information for those who are using Tempo Timesheets for JIRA, because the smartphone application Tempo Mobile App for JIRA is now at your service.
- You may like Time Tracking Stats for JIRA, if you need an easy way to get the time tracking statistics of a project.
In this article, you will find details on using JIRA Chart macro that outputs charts and graphs on Confluence pages. As an alternative to the native Confluence solution, we recommend you to try a bundle of macros within Table Filter and Charts add-on for Confluence. It works with the JIRA Issues macro and allows you to filter issues, summarize or aggregate against the specific parameter, and then generate a chart on the basis of this data.
You will learn the best methods of generating various charts and graphs for visualizing the overall progress on the project, performance of individual developers and the team as a whole in Confluence.
- For those who deal with recurring routine enterprise processes, take a closer look at Automation for JIRA by Code Barrel Pty Ltd.
- If you want to find out the busiest period for your team – try Calendar Heatmap Gadget for JIRA Server.
- We prepared an overview of ImpEx – Import & Export from/to MS Excel by MORESIMP for users who need only import and export capabilities of JExcel PRO.
- You may like Link Fields plugin for JIRA Server, if you work with issue links every day.
- We think that the most important criterion of every planning procedure is its simplicity. In case you share the same point of view, you may get interested in Simplified Planner for JIRA.
So these were the five most popular blog posts with the trending topics of the past year.
We created a short survey to know a bit more about your interests and topics you want us to cover in 2017. We’d greatly appreciate if you’d not only answer yourself but also share both our post and survey with your friends and colleagues, so that we can get as much feedback as possible.